Maintaining student’s health requires a variety of strategies, including:
- A nutritious diet
- Plenty of physical activity
- Strong mental health and emotional support
- Strategies to combat threats such as hunger, substance abuse and chronic conditions
- Healthy students are absent less often, experience fewer behavior problems and have an easier time learning while at school.
What You Can Do
National PTA Resources
Healthy Habits Program: National PTA, National Education Association (NEA), and LYSOL have partnered to educate students and families about health and hygiene both in the classroom and at home.
- Safe and Healthy Kids and Teens
- (CDC): Helps parents guide their kids in making choices that will lead to healthier lives