West Virginia PTA honors its local units by awarding yearly membership awards. Through the dedication of volunteers at the local level, membership flourishes throughout the West Virginia. Make sure you apply for the yearly membership awards. The form can be found here.
West Virginia PTA Membership Awards
The PTA membership year is a great time to also award your local unit for a great membership drive! As you prepare to send in dues for those members that have already joined, remember that the membership year does not stop in October or November. As an incentive to grow the membership of your local unit, the West Virginia PTA proudly gives the following membership awards. Although a few of the awards are for the beginning of the year, there are still many opportunities after the New Year. These awards are presented at the 2018 WV PTA State Convention. Remember to start the New Year off with a membership drive!
- Blue Seal 10% increase in membership over last year
- Red Seal Membership equals 50% of school enrollment as of 11/15/2017
- Gold Seal One adult per child in school
- Gold Seal/PTSA One adult per student and 30% of student enrollment
Oak Leaf Award (Plaque or Bar)
A plaque is given the first year. Each additional year, a gold bar with the date engraved will be given to place on the original plaque. This award is based on:
- 40% of your School enrollment
- PTAs with a membership increase of 50 or more
- PTA with the largest membership increase regardless of enrollment
- PTA with the largest membership increase over last year (based on percentage)
- PTA with the largest membership increase by Region over last year (based on percentage)
- Back to School – units submitting 25 or more members before September 15th.
- Early Bird – units submitting 25 or more members between Sept. 15th and Oct. 1st.
- Membership Magic – units reaching 75% of previous year’s total membership by Nov. 15th.
- 100% Faculty – units with 100% of faculty and administrators belonging to unit.
- Focus on Fathers – 30% of membership is comprised of fathers/male guardians.
All awards applications (including membership) must be sent electronically by
March 15, 2018 at 11:59pm either through the West Virginia PTA website link or
by scanning and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.