West Virginia PTA honors its local units by awarding yearly membership awards. Through the dedication of volunteers at the local level, membership flourishes throughout the West Virginia. Make sure you apply for the yearly membership awards. The form can be found here.
West Virginia PTA Membership Awards
- Blue Seal 10% increase in membership over last year
- Red Seal Membership equals 50% of school enrollment as of 11/15
- Gold Seal One adult per child in school
- Gold Seal/PTSA One adult per student and 30% of student enrollment
Oak Leaf Award (Plaque or Bar)
A plaque is given the first year. Each additional year, a gold bar with the date engraved will be given to place on the original plaque. This award is based on:
- School enrollment up to 250: 60%
- School enrollment from 251-750: 50%
- School enrollment 751 and above: 40%
Special Membership Awards
- PTAs with a membership increase of 50 or more
- PTA with the largest membership increase regardless of enrollment
- PTA with the largest membership increase over last year (based on percentage)
- Largest PTA in West Virginia
- PTA with the largest percentage of members based on school enrollment will be presented to PTAs in the following categories:
- School enrollment up to 250
- School enrollment from 251-750
- School enrollment 751 and above
- Back to School – units submitting 25 or more members before September 15th.
- Early Bird – units submitting 25 or more members between Sept. 15th and Oct. 1st.
- Membership Magic – units reaching 75% of previous year’s total membership by Nov. 15th.
- 100% Faculty – units with 100% of faculty and administrators belonging to unit.
- Focus on Fathers – 30% of membership is comprised of fathers/male guardians.